Project: DC BLOX
Location: Atlanta, GA
DC BLOX is an Atlanta-based company that builds Tier 3 data centers in under-served markets in the Southeastern United States.
The initial work for the DC BLOX project involved a rebuild of their existing site using a high quality framework and upgrading it to run on SSL. The site had performance issues, so a more robust framework was needed to boost performance and provide a more stable foundation to build upon. The initial website had a flat architecture, so the redesign needed to incorporate content silos to group related content together, help with website SEO, and increase site usability.
DC BLOX needed to completely overhaul their website content to better reflect the company’s vision and new service offerings. They wanted to expand website content with sections for company resources, data center locations, services and solutions, and an expanded company section with individual pages for senior leadership bios. Increasing brand awareness and obtaining leads via the website were also high priority items.
Thomson Web Services redesigned the DC BLOX website with the following features:
- Optimized data center location pages with Schema.org format to enhance local SEO.
- Resources section for blogs, case studies, and eBooks and whitepapers.
- Expanded company section with pages for senior leadership bios, news and events, technology partners, career openings and more.
- Services section for data center service offerings.
- On-page SEO for all pages.
- Call-to-actions on pages to increase website leads.
- Zapier integration to send websiteleads to their marketing automation platform.
As webmaster for the DC BLOX website, I am responsible for all ongoing website management which includes:
- New feature enhancements.
- On-page SEO to improve page visibility.
- Optimization and posting of new blog articles and press releases.
- Performance tuning.
- Creation of company marketing materials and emails on an as needed basis.
- Ongoing website maintenance (plugin and CMS updates).
Chief Product & Marketing Officer, DC BLOX