Project: Enhance Your Palate
Location: Mandeville, Louisiana
Enhance Your Palate is a growing food blogger website containing healthy vegetarian recipe creations.
The initial work for the Enhance Your Palate project involved a redesign of their existing site using a high quality, performant framework. Some new content was needed, and the existing content and navigation system had to be reorganized to make it easier to find recipes. The site had performance issues, and the client wanted to improve the website’s performance metrics in preparation for the upcoming Google Core Web Vitals update in the Summer of 2021.
Since performance improvement was a key component of the project, a plugin audit was required to declutter the website by removing any plugins that were unnecessary or slowing down the website. Image optimization and optimization of all pages and posts to improve the Google Core Web Vitals metrics was a top priority. The metrics needed to be improved so they were a good (desired) range as defined by Google, and this required using multiple strategies to lighten the pages and achieve a fast load time.
Multiple rounds of before and after performance testing was done to ensure the page speed and Core Web Vitals requirements were met.
Thomson Web Services redesigned the Enhance Your Palate website with the following features:
- Redesigned homepage with sections for latest recipes, popular recipes, testimonials and more.
- Recipe index to make it easy to find recipes in a variety of way including by category, by cooking method, by diet type, and by ingredient type.
- Redesigned recipe category pages with advanced filtering to filter recipes in a variety of ways.
- Improved recipe search capability.
- Optimized and converted images to WebP format.
- Caching and optimization features added to speed up the website.
- Recipe card enhancements.
As webmaster for the Enhance Your Palate website, I am responsible for ongoing website management which includes new feature enhancements and ongoing website maintenance (plugin and CMS updates).
Akhil and Rupali Agarwal
Food Blogger, Enhance Your Palate